We provide reliable, thorough and professional representation of clients before the legislative and executive branches of government in West Virginia and other jurisdictions. Our assortment of government relations services includes comprehensive strategic planning, issue advocacy, critical analysis and problem solving, as well as expertise and assistance in these areas:
- Developing and maintaining working relationships with policymakers.
- Direct lobbying and issue advocacy on behalf of clients with elected and appointed officials, and their staffs.
- Testifying or preparing client to testify before policymakers at public hearings and meetings.
- Developing key messages and crafting persuasive written and/or oral communication materials (talking points, handouts, etc.); working cooperatively with clients’ public relations and public affairs representatives to craft client messages for public dissemination.
- Crafting client newsletters to distribute to organization members and/or policymakers.
- Event planning and promotion to support client interests.
- Building and coordinating grassroots campaigns in support of client interests.
- Careful monitoring, thoughtful analysis and efficient reporting on the impacts of legislation and policy initiatives.
- Strategic planning to achieve solutions for clients.
- Political advising and campaign planning.
- Providing practical insight to clients navigating laws, rules and policies administered by West Virginia state agencies.
- Assisting other lawyers representing clients before state agencies by providing strategic assistance to help achieve client objectives.
- Coordination of client matters with third party litigation and transaction counsel.